In light of the recent Government announcement, Hospitality Assured client, the Victory Services Club – the Marble Arch events venue –has announced an extensive list of measures to be undertaken to ensure that the venue is prepared to open again for social distanced meetings. The Club has successfully been operating as a Key Worker Hotel since 23rd March 2020, providing over the period over 2500 bedrooms, and has already implemented many of the social distancing measures needed to host guests in the venue’s many and varied event rooms.
Mark Field, Operations Director, at the Victory Services Club said: “The Government has announced that certain hospitality businesses may be able to operate from 4th July 2020 with strict social distancing measures, so we are preparing our venue, staff and procedures to be ready. The experience we have garnered over the past few weeks (whilst operating as a Key Worker Hotel) has ensured that the team and the venue will be ready to host events following strict government social distancing measures.
“When we are allowed to re-open, the Club will be implementing significant operational changes including a considerable investment in thermal scanners at each entrance to identify anyone entering the building with a temperature. We have developed new operating procedures (more detail below), reviewed each of our large event spaces to re-calculate seating capacities, created a menu of individually packed executive meals, implemented an enhanced cleaning regime, and delivered advanced staff training. We will be reviewing our packages and charging a day delegate rate, which sensibly reflects the delivery of our highly regarded service, including new catering options. Naturally, this is an ongoing process and will be updated in line with Government announcements and industry best practise.”
The procedures we will be following will most likely include:
- Thermal scanning in place to check all Club staff, visitors and contractors entering the Club.
- All restrooms will be assigned with attendants during events to carry out on-going cleaning and disinfecting work and ensuring a monitored ‘one in one out’ distancing system.
- Temperature check policies will also be in place for all staff members, with digital thermometers issued to all staff to use every day before travelling to work.
- Free Logitech Rally video conferencing system will be available and compatible with multiple streaming applications, ultra-HD 4K imaging, and quality front of room audio equipment.
- Super fast 1Gb fibre internet connection has been ordered with a backup 1Gb circuit.
- An enhanced cleaning regime has been developed, which includes all handrails, door handles and lift panels which will be disinfected every hour. Tables and chairs will be disinfected before and after every event, and between each sitting in the Club’s dining facilities.
- Face masks and gloves will be available for all staff members.
- Hand sanitizing gel will be readily available throughout the Club.
- Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks will be provided at exit points and offices.
- Signage specifying venue and event-specific social distancing measures will be deployed around the Club.
- The VSC events team will work with event organisers to prevent congestion such as staggered arrival / departure times, executive individual packed lunches, and catering breaks.
- Webcasting will be available to organisers for each event.
The Victory Services Club looks forward to working again with our many loyal event clients and meeting new ones, so that we can deliver again successful events, which are safe, appropriately and sensitively managed, and compliant with future Government regulations.
About The Victory Services Club (VSC)
The Victory Services Club (VSC) is a private military members club, located in central London near Marble Arch. Established in 1907, the Club has seven event rooms which have a capacity of 10-300 and can host conferences, meetings, exhibitions, receptions and award ceremonies.
The Club is a registered charity that re-invests revenue from commercial events to fund schemes, including free weekend breaks for injured members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families. The Club was the first London venue to be awarded the Meetings Industry Association (MIA) AIM Gold accreditation in 2008 and still maintains this status today. The VSC has also achieved Hospitality Assured status, the quality standard created by the Institute of Hospitality for customer facing businesses.
Hospitality Assured is the quality standard created by the Institute of Hospitality specifically for customer facing businesses. They enable businesses to reach and exceed their full potential by following world class processes, customer service standards and employee engagement.